Saturday, May 09, 2009

Postscript

I have received more correspondence about my last piece than any other I have written on this blog. It is flattering, very welcome and most encouraging. Thank you.

People seem to have been exercised by two things. First, there is great curiosity about the enigmatic Spanish beauty, Delicia. Information about what became of her seems to be much desired. Nobody would love to know the answer to that question more earnestly than me. I am afraid, alas, I do not know. All I can say is I hope she lives and breathes somewhere where perhaps I can find her before the end of my days.

The other thing I have been asked about made me laugh out loud. “What has Uganda got do with anything, Gitau?” one person said. Another asked “why discuss Uganda if you have a willing Delicia in your flat?” I refuse to answer these questions. It is 2009, my friends, google “discussing Uganda” or “Ugandan affairs” and all will be revealed. Better still, take out a subscription to Private Eye. You may find it offers useful information.

Jenson Button is on pole position for tomorrow’s race. Fingers crossed....

Gitau
9 May 2009

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, my name is Mũrĩu. I'm in NYC and have been following your work since the first race this season, courtesy of one Kaniaru Wacieni. For me, even more interesting than Delicia is discovering the hidden meaning to "discussing Uganda"… Either way, where I may have previously been a fleeting fan, I'm now locked in. Keep up the good work cus what writing does for you, reading does for me.

6:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home